Quick-start Guide No. 3 – Define & Assign Custom Calendars
NetPoint is preset to a default US Calendar, with holidays assigned that may not match your work calendar. For the best results, define a custom calendars before adding objects and assign it as objects are added to the plan so dates and durations calculate based on your workdays from the offset.
Define a Calendar & Holidays
- In menu go to Tools > Manage Calendars to open Calendar Properties
- Click New box and type in Name field
- Select a template from dropdown list, click Add to List
- Click New to define a holiday and click Add or select a holiday in list to edit using Modify & Delete.
- The calendar is ready to assign only to this project. To make available to other projects on that workstation, check Share to all projects, note that a shared calendar cannot be later modified.
- Click Add to close Calendar Properties
- Click Save to complete calendar definition
TIP: Efficiently assign a custom calendar by setting as the default for the plan via Objects > Set Default Properties for New Objects, be sure to set calendar in each object tab.
Assign or Modify the Object Calendar
Once the default calendar is set via Objects > Set Default Properties for New Objects, a calendar may be modified at any time for an object or multiple objects as follows:
- For a single object, got to the Dates tab to select from the calendar dropdown menu.
- To bulk edit calendars, Go to Tools > Assign Calendars to see and modify by clicking on the object’s Calendar assigned cell and setting a new calendar in the dropdown menu.
- To bulk edit selected objects, select objects on canvas and go to Objects > Set Properties for Selected Objects, then set in the Calendars dropdown menu in each object’s tab.
- Reset the default calendar at any time for new objects added to the plan, being sure to reset in each object tab of Objects > Set Properties for Selected Objects.