Saving and Renaming
When saving a project, the schedule itself will be named NetPointFile.np4, a folder will be created using the description you entered, and the schedule file will be automatically placed in it. The NetPointFile.np4 file should never be renamed; instead, to rename a project, always edit the folder itself.
In addition, each time a project is saved, a file with a .nzp extension will be saved in the project folder for easy emailing or uploading. For more info, see Sharing and Sending Projects.
NOTE: If you’re downloading a project from the web through a browser, always right-click to specify where it will be saved, as some download locations may have limited access or permissions.
- While viewing the desired schedule, choose from the menu bar. or
- On the left, browse for the location in which you want the new project to be saved, and select it in the list. NOTE: To create a new folder, click the New Folder button. To edit or delete a folder, right-click and choose accordingly.
- After selecting the folder, a list of existing NetPoint projects will show up on the right. Enter a description next to Save Project As. This will be the name of the new project. NOTE: At any time, a project may be deleted or renamed by right-clicking on it in the list.
- After entering a description, click Save.
- While viewing the desired schedule, choose from the menu bar. By default, the Save window will default to the current project.
- To choose a different project, browse on the left for the location in which the project resides.
- On the right, right-click the project itself and choose .
- Begin typing and click Enter.
- When finished, click Cancel.