A data date is an object on the canvas used to represent the date to which the project has been statused. Data dates help provide a clear visual indicator of the progress of the schedule. The data date appears as a blue circle with a blue line extending the height of the canvas on that date.
By default, the data date is set to the project start. When equal to the project start, however, it cannot be displayed or modified. Once a new data date is inserted, the prior data (if any) date will become faded, and if any un-actualized objects cross the data date, a red counter will appear in the upper-right corner displaying the exact number.
A data date cannot be moved on the canvas. If needed, it may be modified using the arrow keys on the keyboard or the Gestural Interface. For more info, see Pushing or Pulling Objects. Likewise, a data date cannot be deleted. However, the most current data date may be reset to the project start. Instructions for this, as well as inserting, hiding, or showing the data date, are provided below.
Inserting a Data Date
- Click the Data Date icon in the toolbar.
- Move the cursor over the canvas and stop at the desired date, indicated by the text above the crosshairs .
- Left-click with the mouse and release.
- In the confirmation, choose to either capture or not capture a corresponding target. For more info, see The Targets Manager.
Resetting the Data Date
- Click the Select Tool icon in the toolbar.
- Right-click on the data date and select .
Hiding/Showing Data Dates
- Click Displays tab. and choose the
- Check or uncheck the boxes next to Current Data Date and/or Old Data Dates, as desired.