Once dates and/or durations have been updated on the canvas (i.e. statused), objects must be actualized to complete the update process. Once actualized, the object becomes outlined in blue, and its dates and dependencies remain fixed unless purposely de-actualized. However, if a portion of an activity is finishing after the data date (i.e. a partially actualized or in-progress activity), the remaining duration will not be outlined in blue and may still be modified.
In addition, for activities, delays and hammocks, a new field Calculated Complete will appear in the property window showing the percent of duration completed (progressed duration divided by total duration). This field cannot be edited and will only display for actualized activities. To manually enter the percent of work completed, see Statusing and Entering Percent Complete. Instructions for actualizing are provided below.
Actualizing a Single Object
- With the Select Tool chosen in the toolbar, right-click on the desired object and choose Actualize.
- To de-actualize, repeat step 1 and choose Deactualize.
Actualizing Selected Objects
- With the Select Tool chosen in the toolbar, select the desired objects on the canvas.
- Click from the menu bar.
- In the Properties section, click twice to check the box next to Actualized.
- Click OK.
- To deactualize, repeat steps 1-4 clicking once to uncheck the box.
Actualizing all Pending Objects
- With the Select Tool chosen in the toolbar, double-click the red counter on the data date, or click from the menu bar.
- Select the first row in the list on top and scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Press the SHIFT key on the key board and select the last row in the list.
- Click Actualize.
- Click the red “X” to close the window.