Detroit, MI ()
PMA Technologies held its fourth annual NetPoint® and GPM® Conference in Orlando, Florida on January 21, 2014.
Participants learned from both PMA practitioners and industry leading planners by attending case study and educational track sessions. Attendees were introduced to NetPoint 4.2, the company’s latest software release featuring enhanced layouts and import/export capabilities. Session topics included:
- How Effective Project Planning and Implementation Impacts an Operating Company’s Market Value
- Transforming Planning and Scheduling at BP Whiting: How NetPoint is Improving Schedule Quality and Engaging Stakeholders in New Ways
- Improving the Accuracy of Project Status Reports: Leveraging NetPoint for Re-baselining and in Subcontractor Workshops
- Planning for Success: Development of the Massachusetts Gaming Commission
- Developing a Business Process for Risk-based Probabilistic Capital Portfolio Management
The keynote, presented by NetPoint and GPM founder Dr. Gui Ponce de Leon, PE, PMP, LEED AP, entitled Tweaking the Scheduling Paradigm (The time of discontent with CPM is past), set the stage for this year’s conference highlight, the publication of PMA’s “Core Traits of a Reliable Schedule”. This publication codifies the essential elements of a reliable schedule into a comprehensive protocol. “Core Traits of a Reliable Schedule” contemplates CPM and GPM schedules and further highlights that a comprehensive, credible, well-constructed, and controlled (seen as the four corners of a reliable schedule) schedule captures the notion of a great schedule.
Learn more about PMA’s Core Traits of a Reliable Schedule.