The Layout Manager
The Layout Manager itself is non-modal, meaning that you can navigate to other menus or make modifications on the canvas without having to close it. The upper list of the Layouts view can be customized by having its columns sorted, added and removed. As you click through various lists, the canvas will be scrolled and the item spotlighted. In addition, all lists can be individually exported to Excel.
NOTE: Sorting, position, and selection are not saved and will refresh when changing views or leaving and coming back.
Sorting, Adding, and Removing Columns
- Click Layout Manager will open. from the menu bar. The
- Click the desired icon at the top.
- To sort by a certain field, click once on the column’s label to sort from top to bottom, or click twice to sort from bottom to top.
- To add or remove a column, right-click on any column.
- Choose the desired field. A checkmark will appear or disappear and the list will refresh.
- To close the menu, click anywhere outside of it.
- Repeat step 4 as desired.
- To remove a column graphically (Layouts only), left-click on the desired column.
- Without releasing the mouse, drag it up or down until a black “X” appears.
- Release the mouse.
- Repeat step 6 as desired..
- To rearrange a column (Layouts only), left-click on the desired column
- Without releasing the mouse, drag it left or right until two red arrows appear to indicate where it will be placed.
- Release the mouse
- When finished, click Close.
NOTE: As new columns are added, existing columns will be shrunk to make more space, except for in the Layouts view, where a scroll bar will be added. Any customization is tied to the computer (not to the schedule) and will be reset upon re-installation of NetPoint.
Exporting a List to Excel
- Click from the menu bar.
- In any view, right-click on the columns at the top of any list.
- Choose either or
- Repeat one by one for all lists desired.
|The Layouts view is for creating, modifying, and deleting layouts. For instructions, see Creating/Modifyingin the Layouts section..|
|The Structure view is for applying swim lanes and locking objects on grids. For instructions, see Setting up Swimlanes and Locking Relative Positions, respectively.|
|The Selection view is for determining how activities are selected for automated layout processing. For instructions, see Running the Engine.|
|The Placement view is for configuring how activities are arranged during automated layout processing. For instructions, see Running the Engine.|
|The Links view is for viewing and correcting links in the network, including redundancies. For instructions, see Analyzing Links.|
|The Statistics view is for analyzing layout metrics. For instructions, see Viewing Statistics.|