Concurrent Licensing (Server-based)
NOTE: The following page is for IT administrators. If you are not an IT administrator, please contact your IT administrator to perform any of the following steps:
A concurrent user license grants access to the number of users up to the number of licenses at any given time. This allows organizations to purchase software licenses based on maximum users at one time instead based on the total number of users. For example, if a company anticipate 50 users, but 40 of which work during the day and 10 at night, the company can opt to purchase only 40 concurrent user licenses rather than a single “named-seat” license for each of the 50 individual users. This is because 40 is the maximum number of users that will need to use the software at once.
Once setup, the software can be installed on as many computers as needed. When NetPoint is launched from one of these locally installed machines, a request for a license will be made to the NetPoint license server. If the number of licensees in use at that point is less than the number of those granted to the company, NetPoint will launch. If not, the user will be prompted to try again later to check again if a license is available.
- Open a web browser on the local machine you wish to activate and type http://localhost:1947.
- Under the Options on the left hand side, click Configuration.
- Choose the Access to Remote License Managers tab.
- Make sure the box is checked next to Allow Access to Remote Licenses, Broadcast Search for Remote Licenses, and Aggressive Search for Remote Licenses.
- Enter the name/address of the licence server next to Specify Search Parameters.
- Click the Submit button.
- Under Options on the left hand side, click Sentinel Keys.
NOTE: Discovery of the license server may take a few minutes.
- Open a web browser on the local machine you wish to detach and type http://localhost:1947.
- Make sure the license has been activated by following steps 2-7 above.
- Once activated, choose the Detatchable Licenses tab.
- Check the box next to Enable Detatching of Licenses.
- Click Products under Options.
- Click the Detatch button.
- Select an expiration date.
- Click the Detatch & Attach button.
NOTE: The license will be restored after the number of days next to Max. Detatch Duration.